Ekiti Fuel Crisis: Fayose on his way to self-destruction - IPMAN Boss
The chairman of the The Independent Petroleum Marketers of Nigeria South-West Zone of IPMAN, Debo Ahmed, has said that Ekiti State governor, Mr Ayo Fayose is on the road to self-destruction.
Ahmed stated this on tuesday on a telephone chat with the Adaba 88.9fm Akure, Ondo State Capital.
Ahmed said that governor fayose is losing his popularity by his unfriendly and harsh policies in the state.
Speaking on the demolition of some filling stations in the state, Ahmed maintained that all the filling stations demolished on the order of Governor Ayodele Fayose, had valid documents to operate in their various locations.
He lamented that rather than wait for the outcome of the committee the government set up to review the siting of filling stations in unauthorised areas, Fayose had ordered the demolition of about five stations.
Ahmed said, “All the demolished stations have the necessary papers, including the approval from the Department for Petroleum Resources and the police. We know that his action is political. Majority of the filling stations so far demolished are owned by politicians in the opposition parties in the state. That is the reason he is demolishing them.”
"If Fayose likes, let him destroy all the filling stations in Ekiti, he is destroying himself not Ekiti, Fayose can not be governor of Ekiti forever, his days has been numbered" Ahmed said.
He further accused the state government of using thugs to harass attendants of filling stations.
Recall that filling stations owned by marketers in the state have been shut on Monday, May 22 in obedience to the directive by the national secretariat of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN)
and other oil-based unions to protest alleged victimisation by Fayose.
The marketers defied the governor’s order to reopen their outlets. He threatened to revoke their Certificates of Occupancy (C of Os) after 24 hours last Thursday.

No comments