Breaking News

Re-Election Bid: Fayose, Adeyeye Set On War Path Over 2018 Poll



Some gubernatorial aspirants of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ekiti State have encouraged incumbent governor, Ayodele Fayose, to seek a legal redress to complete his aborted tenure of 2006.

They expressed their resolve to back Fayose to contest in 2018 governorship election since his first term was aborted in 2006.

The aspirants are the deputy governor of the state, Kolapo Olusola; former deputy governors Bisi Omoyeni and Sikiru Lawal; Kayode Oso, Owoseni Ajayi and Bisi Komolafe.

Olusola, who addressed journalists in Ado Ekiti on Monday alongside other aspirants, said they decided to suspend their gubernatorial aspirations pending the determination of the matter in court.

A communique signed by the six aspirants, states, “That the Supreme Court in the case of APC versus PDP & ORS resolved that the first tenure of Governor Peter Ayodele Fayose was unlawfully terminated in a civilian coup-like manner and hence deserves redress.

“In consideration of the above, we hereby urge and encourage Governor Fayose to seek legal redress in the competent court of law to recover the aborted mandate, including allowing him to contest the 2018 gubernatorial election, as the 2014 gubernatorial election and the subsequent swearing-in is so far the only legally recognised mandate of the governor.

“Hence, he still enjoys a legal right to contest for a second term as governor, and that pending the determination of this issue for the realisation of the governor’s mandate by the court, we hereby suspend our gubernatorial aspirations.”

Olusola said the aspirants would give maximum support to Fayose to achieve his aims.

But in a twist turn, an aspirant who is the publicity secretary of the Makarfi faction of the Peoples Democratic Party and chairman governing Council of Ekiti State University Prince Sola Adeyeye says he is not suspending his ambition for anyone, not even governor Ayodele Fayose.

In a statement released by his campaign organisation Prince Adedayo Adeyeye Movement (PAAM) by Ademiloye Moses, it refutes the claim that aspirants have stepped down their ambitions for Ayodele Fayose.

"This is to inform the public, especially the lovers of PAAM that Prince Adedayo Adeyeye's remains an aspirant for Ekiti governorship 2018 election under our great party PDP.

All members of PAAM, from the State to the ward level should continue working towards the success of Prince Adedayo Adeyeye AMBITION for Ekiti 2018. We also enjoin PAAM supporters both at home and in diaspora to stand firmly as the appointed time is now!

PAAM official declaration will come up soonest."

It would be recalled that governor Fayose had promised that the next governor of Ekiti will be picked from Ekiti south senatorial District. The aspirants who stepped down for Fayose are also from Ekiti  including Prince Adedayo Adeyeye. Sikiru Tae Lawal though  hails from Ado -Ekiti which is Ekiti central senatorial District.


No comments